Learn to avoid problem renters by using tenant background checks
Select rental applicants who are most likely to fulfill their lease obligation.
The good news is that most problem renters with court-documented history can be avoided using our tenant background check.
Simply provide a renter’s name, DOB, and social security number. Our staff will manually cross-check every possible name, aliases, and address combination.
Tenant screening reports can be ordered directly from your account or optionally, you can have applicant self-pay for their screening and have report uploaded into your secure account.
Report Grading: Enables you to quickly filter applicants without spending valuable time reading every detail of the tenant screening report. Provide us your selection criteria for us to provide you a Pass, Fail or Needs Consideration grading in our public records based report.
View sample tenant report
Screen them before you let them check in.
Evictions typically are lengthy and stressful. In the majority of court cases, a loss of time and money. Rental property vandalism, criminal acts against neighbors, tardy rent checks, and legal implications, are just the starting complications as well as expensive inconveniences that will come about from renting to just one substandard tenant. Learn to avoid and not evict.
If a potential applicant has already gone through an eviction process — they know that by the time all things are said and done, they can live rent free between 4-6 months at your expense.
Avoid problem tenants from the very beginning
In case one happens to own a multi-unit rental property, you can incorporate into the equation the loss of proven, always-on-time paying renters.
Renter Assurance Protection
Tenant ScreeningName Variation Algorithms
- SSN Trace, Aliases, Former Names & Past Address History (SSN Required)
- Nationwide Criminal Database Search
- Sex Offenders Search
- Nationwide USA Patriot Act/OFAC/SDN Search
- Nationwide Bankruptcies – 10 yrs
- Statewide Evictions – 7 years
- Statewide Tax Liens & Civil Judgments – 7 years
How Self-Pay, Self-Screen Works
- From within your secure account, the applicant is emailed a secure link to start the background screening process. You can also use a global link from leasing manager’s website
- Leasing manager can customize verbiage of an electronic consent form
- Leasing manager can optionally brand entire screening process with their logo
- Applicant enters their information, uploads copy of driver’s license or official matching picture identification
- Applicant pays online
- Once our staff completes report within 24 hours or less, the report is posted into leasing manager’s secure account to maintain its integrity
- Most experienced landlords agree that the fastest way to deter the problem tenants is to be upfront about charging an application fee to cover the cost of a background check.
- In most cases, the tenants that know they have evictions or criminal records that will appear on their background checks will not pay to have you find this information and disqualify them
Superior accuracy using proprietary algorithm matching technology.