Learn to avoid problem renters by using tenant background checks.
The good news is that most problem renters with court-documented history can be avoided using our Name Variation Algorithms Tenant Background Check.
Tenant Screening reports can be ordered directly from your account or optionally, you can have applicant self-pay for their screening and have report uploaded into your secure account.
Screen them before you let them check in.
Evictions typically are lengthy and stressful. In the majority of court cases, a loss of time and money. Rental property vandalism, criminal acts against neighbors, tardy rent checks, and legal implications, are just the starting complications as well as expensive inconveniences that will come about from renting to just one substandard tenant. Learn to avoid and not evict.
If a potential applicant has already gone through an eviction process — they know that by the time all things are said and done, they can live rent free between 4-6 months at your expense.
Avoid problem tenants from the very beginning
Own a mobile home or trailer park? Learn how our report can offer you a better solution in lowering your risk of a bad tenant.
Renter Assurance Protection
Why credit reports are useless when screening tenants
Why? Because eviction judgments (forcible detainer and unlawful detainer judgments) are no longer being provided in credit reports, as they fall into the civil judgment category. As of July 1st, 2017 — Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion lawsuit settlement with various state AGs, agreed to the creation of the National Consumer Assistance Plan (NCAP). Property owners that rely on credit reports will notice an omission of public records, specifically tax liens and civil judgments that do not contain personally identifiable information (PII). Due to civil judgments traditionally not containing social security numbers and dates of birth (PII), they are being removed from credit reports.
Tenant ScreeningName Variation Algorithms
- SSN Trace, Aliases, Former Names & Past Address History (SSN Required)
- Name Variation Nationwide Criminal Database Search
- Name Variation Sex Offenders Search
- Nationwide USA Patriot Act/OFAC/SDN Search
- Nationwide Bankruptcies
- Statewide Evictions
- Statewide Tax Liens & Civil Judgments
How Self-Pay, Self-Screen Works
- From within your secure account, the applicant is emailed a secure link to start the background screening process. You can also use a global link from leasing manager’s website
- Leasing manager can customize verbiage of an electronic consent form
- Leasing manager can optionally brand entire screening process with their logo
- Applicant enters their information, uploads copy of driver’s license or official matching picture identification
- Applicant pays online
- Once our staff completes report within 24 hours or less, the report is posted into leasing manager’s secure account to maintain its integrity
- An added administrative fee can be integrated into tenant screen total price charged to applicant to cover leasing manager’s time review costs. Such fee is paid to property management company or condo association the first week of every month based on past month’s activity
- Most experienced landlords agree that the fastest way to deter the problem tenants is to be upfront about charging an application fee to cover the cost of a background check.
- In most cases, the tenants that know they have evictions or criminal records that will appear on their background checks will not pay to have you find this information and disqualify them
Superior accuracy using proprietary algorithm matching technology.