Notice Regarding Credit Checks Per City of New York Law
_________________________________________________________ (“The Company”) intends to obtain information for employment screening purposes from a consumer reporting agency (CRA).
I understand that a consumer report may be obtained from the following CRA:
BCS Background Screening, LLC
1172 South Dixie Hwy #257
Coral Gables, FL 33146
- A position with (i) signatory authority over third-party funds or assets valued at $10,000 or more, or (ii) fiduciary responsibility to the employer and authority to enter into financial agreements valued at $10,000 or more on behalf of the employer;
- A position with regular duties allowing an employee to modify digital security systems designed to prevent the unauthorized use of the employer’s or client’s networks or databases;
- A non-clerical position with regular access to trade secrets or national security/intelligence information;
- The employer is required to use an individual’s consumer credit history for employment purposes under state or federal law/regulations or by a self-regulatory organization (as defined by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934);
- A position as a police officer or peace officer, or various positions with law enforcement or investigative function at the Department of Investigation or subject to a background investigation by the Department of Investigation;
- A position requiring bonding under federal, state, or city law (e.g., certain positions in finance);
- A position requiring security clearance under federal or any state law.
I acknowledge receipt of the Notice Regarding Credit Checks Per New York City Law and A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and certify that I have read and understood these documents. I hereby authorize the Company to obtain a credit report from the above named CRA.
I further acknowledge that a telephonic facsimile (FAX) or photographic copy of this authorization shall be as valid as the original.
– End of Document –